There are somewhere between 40-100 decisions that need to be made and questions that need to be answered when a death occurs. Almost all of these decisions can be made and questions answered in advance.
Pre-planning has a direct impact on survivors when a death occurs. Properly handled, pre-planning can eliminate as much grief, anxiety and expense for surviving families as is possible. Essentially, by planning ahead, we are empowering our family with the information they need to guide them through one of the most stressful & painful experiences in their lives. This is why we feel planning ahead is so important.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Provides a relaxed atmosphere to plan a service that fulfils your wishes and honors the life you have lived.
- Avoids decisions based on emotion.
- Allows for thought to be put into personalizing a service, thus giving it more meaning.
- Relieves much of the stress experienced at the time of death.
- All necessary information can be placed in one place, eliminating a search for documents and information that will be needed.
- Protect funeral funds from the nursing home.
- Record information needed for legal documentation and obituary and place on file at the funeral home.
- Purchase burial space.
- Purchase and place a monument or marker at the cemetery.
- Pre-pay all final expenses.
- Veterans: Place a copy of your discharge papers at the funeral home.
- Go over service preferences with your funeral director.
- Go over service preferences with your clergy.
Arrangements can be made in the comfort of your own home by clicking the button below. Fill in as much as you are comfortable with and we would be happy to assist you in person or by phone with any final details. See the form below for details.